This article is about how to set-up an account for a non-profit organization. If you'd like to create a personal fundraising campaign, or would like to fundraise (as a private individual) for a non-profit organization, click here.
Registering for IsraelGives is easy and free. Clicking this link will take you to the registration page. You'll enter your non-profit's ID number (in Israel this starts with 580), and enter some information about your organization.
Once you've completed the initial registration, there are a few things that you'll need to set up.
Upload a few banking forms
- Fill out a bank payment form that protects us from chargebacks, and a FATCA declaration form.
- Enter your bank account details, including a copy of a check or proof of account ownership.
Decide where you'd like to fundraise, and select an appropriate membership plan
- If you'd like to raise funds both in Israel and abroad, we'd recommend that you register for our Israel and International Membership plan. This costs ₪199 per month.
- If you'd like to raise funds principally in Israel, we'd recommend that you register for our Israel Membership plan. This costs ₪99 per month.
- If you're just getting started and aren't sure where you'll be fundraise, you can remain on our (default) Introductory plan. There is no monthly fee.
- To read about our different membership plans and what they include, click here.
- To select a membership plan in your IsraelGives account, click here.
Select the method in which you'd like us to process your Israeli Shekel donations by credit card and by Paypal
Option 1: We can help you to create an IsraelGives-Isracard merchant account, and we'll handle all bank reconciliation and paperwork. We can also handle all Paypal transactions for you.
- When we receive the donations on your behalf and perform all of the bookkeeping and reconciliation, we charge a 2.9% transaction fee plus the credit card fee and ₪1.20 per transaction.
Option 2: We can process donations using your own merchant account or own Paypal account, and funds will be deposited directly into your accounts.
- When funds go directly into your own merchant account or Paypal account, we'll charge a 1.9% transaction fee. Your credit card company will also charge you their processing fee, according to the terms that you agreed upon. If you don't yet have a credit card processing account but want one, we can help you obtain terms as low as 0.8% per transaction.
Option 3: Use the IsraelGives merchant account
Before you select either of these options, donors can still make donations, using the IsraelGives merchant account. In this case we charge a 5% transaction fee plus the credit card fee and ₪1.20 per transaction (so long term, it's probably preferable for you to select one of the options above).
- Learn more about the different payment processing options by clicking here.
- When you're ready to select a payment option, visit this page in your IsraelGives account.
Register for International Fundraising
IsraelGives can provide your international donors from the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, and France with tax-receipts.
- To learn more about international fundraising with IsraelGives and fees, click here.
- To register for international fundraising, start here.
Please note that you are able to receive tax-deductible donations even before you're completed your registration with each of our international partners. In such a case, you'll see in your account that a donation has been made but not the donor's name, and the funds will be held (for up to 6 months), until you complete the application process. There will also be a supplemental fee, so best if you complete your registration before you start fundraising.
Create a Donation Form for your Website
- The ready to use form has no monthly fee.
- The MYSITE donation form is free if you have an Israel and International Fundraising plan, ₪49 per month if you have an Israel membership plan, and ₪99 NIS per month if you're on the Introductory plan.
- For this monthly fee, you can create unlimited forms.
Or if you like, you can create a fundraising campaign using one of our 5 templates. There is no extra fee for creating a campaign.
Create an email confirmation
Next, create an email confirmation that will be sent to your donors, when they donate in different currencies, languages, and campaigns. To create one from your account, click here. There is no cost for creating unlimited email confirmations.
Create an e-receipt
For all of your foreign currency donations, we'll automatically attach the donor's e-receipt (as a PDF) to your email confirmation. For Israeli shekels, you must decide whether you'd like us to send out an e-receipt in your name for each donation that you receive.