As part of setting up your account, you'll need to tell us how to process your Israeli Shekel donations. We have 3 options:
Option 1: Create an Isracard-IsraelGives merchant account
If you don't yet have or don't want to use your existing merchant account, we'll help you to set up a special full-service Isracard-IsraelGives merchant account. As part of this account:
- We'll handle all bank and fee reconciliation.
- Instead of daily batch deposits, you'll receive one transfer per month, and one invoice accounting for all of the fees you'd paid (which includes the credit card fee and our transaction fee).
- We handle all cancellations, refunds, and special donor requests.
- We accept all credit card brands, as well as Paypal and tourist cards.
- Our transaction fee is only 3.9% plus ₪1.20, which includes the standard credit card fee. We'll deduct this transaction fee from the donations that we receive on your behalf, before transferring them to you, once a month.
- To use the Isracard-IsraelGives merchant account, you'll need an IsraelGives membership plan (starting at ₪99 a month). However, this includes the monthly fees that we pay to the credit card companies and to Tranzila, the payment gateway (which otherwise costs around ₪200 a month)
- There is a one-time set-up fee of ₪500 for opening the account.
Option 2: Process using your existing Isracard or Visa CAL merchant account
If you have your own Isracard or Visa CAL merchant account, we can connect it to our platform, and all donations will be processed using this account. The main benefit is that you'll pay a transaction fee of only 1.9%, and all donations will be deposited directly into your bank account by your credit card company.
However, please note the following:
- You'll need to take care of all of the bank and fee reconciliation.
- The net amount of the donations are deposited in daily batches into your bank account, per credit card brand (Visa, Mastercard, Isracard, American Express, Diners). You'll pay line fees (עמלות שורה) on each deposit (₪1.20), and will then have to reconcile the donation, the fee (from the credit card company's monthly statement), and what was deposited as part of the daily batch. In our experience, an organization will spend 10-20 hours a monthly reconciling its online donations.
- You are responsible for processing (and reconciling) payment refunds and chargebacks.
- It's also possible that you won't be able to accept tourist-cards as well (both companies may request a sizable down-payment in order to accept non-Israeli credit cards). Note that reconciling payments made by tourists is hard, because payments are generally deposited into your bank account 60 days after the donation is made.
- The transaction fee is only 1.9%, which we bill quarterly.
- You'll pay a monthly membership fee to IsraelGives (starting at ₪99), which includes the cost of the Tranzila payment gateway.
- There's a one-time set-up fee of ₪500.
Option 3: IsraelGives Merchant account
The upside of this is that you don't need to do anything to get started. We'll handle all of the processing, and there's no monthly fee for using this processing method, and no set-up fee.
- The main downsides are that your organization's name won't appear on your donor's credit card statement, and that we charge a 5.9% transaction fee as compared to the other two processing options (of 1.9% and 3.9%).
- This is also limited to ₪50,000, so it's not an ideal solution if you plan to fundraise serious sums.
To set-up your Israeli Shekel payment processing method, click here.