Here are instructions for how to set up your IsraelGives Store. To learn how to embed your webstore in your own website, click here.
Create your first store
On the main menu, click on "IsraelGives Stores>> Manage your stores"
Then, click on the "Create new store" button
Now, you'll create a new store by entering the following information:
- The name of your store (pick any name, as it's only for your own reference)
- Choose a date when sales should begin and should end (no-one will be able to purchase before, or after, these dates).
- Select the currencies and languages you'd like to set up your store in.
- If you need your purchaser's full mailing address (for instance, if you need to mail them their product), select yes to the question "Require full mailing address?"
- Then click "save".
Your store has now been created. The next step is to add items to your store. Do this by clicking on the pencil icon under "add/edit items":
- First you'll enter the name of the item you're selling. Be sure to enter a different name for every language that you're selling in (in both English and in Hebrew, for example).
- You can then describe the product (though this is optional).
- You can also upload a product image (also optional), one for each language.
- If you have a maximum quantity of the product that you want to sell, you can define it.
- Next, enter the price of the item in each of the currencies that you're selling in (ex. 100 NIS, and 25 USD)
- Then click "Add +". You'll then see the item in the table below, and can edit it if you don't like what you're entered. You can also add additional items to your store.
- When you're done, click "save".
Finally, we'll create the website that you'll send your buyers to. Click on the pencil icon in the "WebStore" column:
- Select one word for your website's URL address (ex. "mygreatstore")
- Select the website's default currency
- If you'd like the buyer to be able to add a one-time or monthly donation as part of their purchase, select "yes".
- If you'd like to allocate this donation to a particular project, select "yes".
- If you'd like some people (other than the buyer) to receive email notifications of every new purchase, enter their email addresses, separated by a semi-colon (;)
- You can optionally include your analytics code, for tracking the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
- Then click "finish"
Now, where you previously only saw a pencil icon, you'll now see two icons:
Click on the "EN" icon to view your store online. Then, click here to learn about how to install the store as part of your own website.